How to Zoom Successfully
Zoom is the newest and now most frequently used tools for video conferencing, classrooms, and family chats in the country right now. It is easy to use but sometimes, setting it up can be a little intimidating for first time users. That is why we decided to create this short tutorial on how you can successfully install Zoom on your personal devices. We don't want you to miss a thing!
Add Zoom to your phone, computer, or laptop:
- Open your smart device or computer/laptop and download Zoom
- Not sure how to do this step?
- For iPhone and Android users, visit the App Store or Google Play Store and search for the app Zoom to download.
- For your computer or laptop, simply click this link.
Once you have downloaded the app, follow the easy instructions to finish the process.
Run Zoom for the first time and PRACTICE:
- Practice with a friend, neighbor, or your employment/financial coach
- Learn how to mute your microphone (a lot of sessions require their participants to mute themselves to eliminate background noise during their presentation).
- Check out the chat feature (this is a great way to be sure your questions get answered without interrupting the speaker).
- Try using the video (if you do this, make sure you are in a setting you are okay with people seeing - you don't want to Zoom in your bathroom).
- If you can't use video on your device, that's okay! You can still join the session with voice access (just make sure your volume is working so you can still hear everything).
If you run into any technical issues or are still having issues downloading or accessing Zoom, please reach out to one of our employment coaches and they will be happy to help.
Tammy Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Emmons email@example.com
Meaghan Owens firstname.lastname@example.org