Why I'm Getting on Board
Many Indianapolis students encounter bumps in the road to higher education.
- 77% of IPS students qualify for free lunch
- 30% of children in Marion county live in poverty
- 36% of MRNC neighbors don’t have a high school diploma
- And students whose parents didn’t graduate are much less likely to graduate themselves
Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center provides middle and high school students with the opportunity to experience campus and career settings to inspire them to believe all destinations are possible.
MRNC also provides educational enrichment and tools to assist students in mapping the route to success, and encouragement and support as they navigate around the roadblocks they might encounter.
Where Are We Headed?
Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center will provide 300 campus and career experiences to students in inner-city Indianapolis over the next 6 months.
How Can You Help?
Just like any journey – this takes fuel!
- Donate to this campaign – every little bit gets us further down the road!
- Start your own campaign and invite your friends and family to come along for the ride!
- Encourage your friends from school to help the next generation of (insert your college mascot here) to find their way to your alma mater.
- Join us on the bus – LITERALLY! Ride along with the students when they visit your alma mater and share your personal experience.
- Share this campaign on Facebook, twitter, email -- whatever system you like! Just share it - a lot!
- “Like” our special Fill the Bus Facebook page and then share posts from the road with your network.
- #Shareyourjourney – send us your own success story! It’s especially inspiring to hear what twists and turns you had to navigate on your route to success. Text, photos (facepaint, anyone?) and/or videos are welcome. Send them to email@example.com and we’ll share them on the Fill the Bus Facebook page.
- If you’d like more creative ways to get involved, contact us! Just like the back of that old station wagon or minivan you had to ride in, we’re full… of ideas!